The Baobab is a huge, majestic tree found throughout Africa. It is commonly known as the “Tree of Life” in Africa as the trunk can store litres of water which enables it to survive severe heat and bush fires. It also has a nutrient-dense superfruit.
Recently Baobab has been recognised in the health and nutritional field as a leading superfruit. Some of the key findings of the Baobab are the following:
- 3 times more Vitamin C than an orange
- 5 times more magnesium than avocados
- 4 times more potassium than bananas
- 2 times more antioxidants than acai berries
- 10 times more fibre than apples
- Excellent source of the prebiotic pectin that helps promote intestinal health
- High in polyphenols which helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels and also contains good amounts of Vitamin A, thiamine, B6 and bioflavonoids
- 50% more calcium than spinach and provides iron, copper and zinc.
We are now able to supply organic certified Baobab fruit powder. It can be added to water to make a tasty juice, or sprinkled onto cereals. It can also be added to granola, energy bars, yoghurt, smoothies, shakes, jellies and jams.
If you would like more information or a sample please contact our fabulous Technical Sales Manager Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org